Thank you for inquiring about membership in the Norwich Terrier Club of America (NTCA). The following NTCA membership types are offered for applicants:
Individual (USA or International)
Dual (USA or International)
Associate (USA only)
Junior (USA only, for members age 10-17)
A full description of the membership types, benefits, and responsibilities can be found in the NTCA Constitution & Bylaws.
The membership application requirements are outlined below.
- Applicant must own a purebred AKC-registered Norwich Terrier for a continuous period of 24 months when applying for individual or dual membership, must own a purebred AKC-registered Norwich Terrier currently when applying for associate membership, or must own or whose immediate family must own a purebred AKC-registered Norwich Terrier when applying for junior membership.
- Applicant must have two sponsors who are current individual or dual NTCA members in good standing for no less than 24 months; sponsors must be personally well-acquainted with the applicant for a continuous period of not less than 24 months (individual, dual, junior applicants) or six months (associate applicants). Both sponsors must complete the NTCA Sponsor Form for that membership type. International members may only sponsor International applicants.
When you submit the electronic membership application, the following will be transmitted to the NTCA Membership Chair:
- Completed application form
- Signed copy of the NTCA Code of Ethics. Junior applicants shall agree to abide by the NTCA Code of Ethics, but do not need to return a signed copy of the NTCA Code of Ethics with their application.
- Form indicating preferences for electronic communication
You may choose to submit the appropriate dues and fees online via PayPal or you may pay with a check.
- Appropriate dues and fees: $40 individual, $50 dual; $30 associate; no dues required for Junior members; $20 postal mail fee (if desired)
- $15 non-refundable application fee
Payment of dues in advance does not imply membership. If membership is denied, the NTCA Treasurer will reimburse the full amount of the dues that were paid, but not the non-refundable application fee.
A complete application (application form, two sponsor forms, dues & fees) must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the NTCA Board of Directors meetings where prospective member applications will be reviewed. Meetings are generally held in the spring and fall (early October). Please check the NTCA website for meeting dates or ask your sponsors.
All questions about the membership process should be directed to the NTCA Membership Chair. If you have technical questions about the form, please hit “Save and Continue Later” at the bottom of the form and then contact NTCA Website Liaison.