SECTION 1. Name. The name of the club shall be The Norwich Terrier Club of America, Inc.
SECTION 2. Purposes of the Club. The Club is a not-for-profit corporation organized under the Illinois General Not For Profit Corporation Act of 1986. The Club is organized for the following purposes:
- to operate and function as a charitable and educational not-for-profit organization.
- to encourage and promote quality in the breeding of the purebred Norwich Terrier and to do all possible to bring its natural qualities to perfection.
- to educate members and the public with regard to the breeding, proper care, and maintenance of the Norwich Terrier.
urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as set by the Club, and approved by The American Kennel Club, as the only standard of excellence by which the Norwich Terrier shall be judged.
- to provide educational forums for fanciers and American Kennel Club judges about the history of the breed and about the standard of the Norwich Terrier as set by The NTCA.
- to conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows, and other events for which the club is eligible, under the Rules and Regulations of The American Kennel Club and to encourage participation in companion and performance events sanctioned by The American Kennel Club.
- to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed an to encourage sportsmanlike competition and conduct at all American Kennel Club and NTCA sponsored activities and to treat officials, facilities, and other dog owners and their dogs with respect.
- to support and promote participation in all areas of health and research designed to improve the Norwich Terrier.
- to guard against the private and commercial exploitation of the Norwich Terrier.
- to encourage and assist rescue operations that pertain to the purebred Norwich Terrier.
- to urge all members to abide by The NTCA Code of Ethics as a guideline for responsible Norwich Terrier ownership and breeding practices.
- to encourage the organization of regional Norwich Terrier specialty clubs in those localities where there are sufficient fanciers of the breed to meet the requirements of The American Kennel Club and The NTCA and to assist these clubs in their activities.
SECTION 3. Private Benefit. The Club shall not be conducted or operated for profit and no part of any profits or remainder or residue from dues or donations to the Club shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual.
SECTION 4. Revisions to Conform to Club Objectives. The members of the Club shall adopt and may from time to time revise such Bylaws as may be required to carry out these objectives.
SECTION 5. Affiliated Clubs. Affiliated regional member clubs must adhere to The NTCA Constitution, Bylaws, Standard of the Breed, and Code of Ethics.
SECTION 6. Advertising or Solicitation. The NTCA emblem, logo, name, member database, pedigree database, copyrighted materials, trademarks, intellectual property, the Club stationery, the Illustrated Standard, or any photographs and materials appearing on The Norwich Terrier Club of America, Inc. website or in any Club written copyrighted materials cannot be used for advertising or solicitation by any member or group of members, except by the Club itself, without the written approval of the Board of Directors. The preceding sentence does not apply to photographs, articles, and materials that are submitted by a member for The Norwich Terrier Club of America, Inc. website or Club written copyrighted materials when the member specifies in writing his/her desire to retain ownership of the photographs, articles, or materials at the time those items are submitted to The NTCA. No person may write for publication, hold any type of health or judges’ education seminar, or conduct a member survey or ballot under the name or authority of The Norwich Terrier Club of America, Inc. without the prior written approval of the Board of Directors.