Members are part of a community dedicated to advancing the quality of the breed, promoting the interests of the breed and protecting the breed from private or commercial exploitation.
Benefits of Membership
- Subscription to the Norwich News, published twice a year – includes educational articles, news about member accomplishments and activities with their dogs.
- Eligibility for NTCA awards presented at the annual membership banquet.
- Receive periodic Club mailings throughout the year and access to members-only section of the website.
Responsibilities of Membership
- Volunteer and get involved in Club activities
- Support Norwich health studies, through participation and monetary contributions
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship at all AKC and NTCA sponsored activities
- Adhere to the Constitution and Bylaws
- Support Norwich Rescue
How to Apply for Full or Associate Membership
- Before applying for membership, many like to attend our annual National Specialty Show Weekend. All are welcome at the banquet, mixer and health seminar, and other activities over that weekend. This is an ideal place to meet other Norwich owners!
- Consult with your sponsors and complete the application forms.
- Applications are reviewed by the NTCA Board of Directors at their Spring and Fall in-person meetings.
Full Membership – Individual, Dual, or Junior
To be eligible, applicant must have owned a Norwich Terrier for a continuous period of 24 months before applying for membership, and must have 2 sponsors who are current NTCA members in good standing for no less than 24 months. Sponsors must have known the applicant for no less than 24 months.
To be eligible, applicant must own a Norwich Terrier and must have 2 sponsors who are current NTCA members in good standing for no less than 24 months. Sponsors must have known the applicant for no less than 6 months.
Membership Application Forms
Applications for NTCA membership are considered by the Board of Directors twice a year. Complete applications are due by January 31st for spring consideration and July 31st for fall consideration.
The following items are required before a membership application can be considered:
Application form, which also includes the signed code of ethics and form indicating electronic communication preference
Two sponsor forms
$15 non-refundable application fee
The appropriate dues
Please contact NTCA Membership Chair Melissa Smith at email@example.com if you have any questions.